Virtual Assistants, more commonly referred to as VAs, are not a new concept and the industry is growing rapidly, however many small businesses and entrepreneurs are still unclear as to what a VA does and how they could benefit from working with one.
If you are a stressed consultant, owner of a small business or a busy entrepreneur with a to-do list as long as your arm then the likelihood is that you could save yourself precious hours in the day by outsourcing some tasks to a VA.
If you have already made the decision to work with a VA but want to test the relationship, then why not pay for an hour of their time and ask them to complete something from your to-do list?
Most VAs offer an hourly rate, among other packages, so for a small amount of money you could get something pressing ticked off your to-do list while at the same time testing whether it could be the start of a beautiful working relationship.
I’ve put together a list of 20 tasks that would take an hour or less to complete so that you can try working with a VA:
- Create a Facebook business page.
- Design 5 images for your social media accounts using Canva.
- Write and schedule a fortnights’ worth of social media posts using existing content.
- Build a CRM for your contacts.
- Create a LinkedIn company page.
- Research a competitor or prospect.
- Set up a Mailchimp account
- Follow up with clients by sending thank you or reminder emails.
- Proofread your website and check for broken links.
- Format and proofread a Word document.
- Design an Excel spreadsheet and enter data.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation.
- Type 6 pages from hard copy/PDF.
- Design a survey using Typeform or Survey Monkey.
- Convert Word documents into PDF.
- Research content for your next blog, newsletter or other.
- Proofread your marketing materials.
- Research travel times, hotels and costs for your next trip.
- Organise your filing system (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive).
- Research venues for your next event.
If you’d like to work together then please get in touch.